Thursday, April 21, 2011

Failure to thrive: Frustration of basic impulses blocks and/or damages kidney meridian

Speculation: A non-aggressive child (such as I was) may not get her emotional needs met. I remember mom saying that my middle bro had such a fire-engine wail that there was no possible way she could ignore him - I was much quieter - squeaky wheel and all that?

So I'm speculating that kidney meridian, representing the 'uptake' portion of our anatomy, possibly analogous to a plant's roots? may get 'damaged' in some way, resulting in stunted growth, emotional as well as physical, also known, in some circles, as 'failure to thrive'.

But I'd say that's a bit like blaming a plant for not getting enough water - so, I prefer to think of it as a form of environmental mischance, which blames no one, but accounts for the effects seen on the organism, namely, me.

***
This 'environmental mischance' set up a feeling of 'disappointment' in the organism, which may be registered as anger, frustration, resentment, or all or some combination of said emotions.

I prefer to think of them as indicator lights on the car's dashboard: Oil low, water low, etc.

So: 'Love' (as defined in recent previous post) low = deficient intake/kidney meridian function, which may be perceived as a 'lack of sweetness' from one's environment, aka, 'not enough love'.

Substitutes: Sugar, sappy movies (:-), etc.

Posit: The organism that cannot find a sexual match wherewith to propagate her 'seed' will re-route that energy into a substitute (such as writing on this blog) whereby she may succeed in passing on her 'legacy' in *some* form or other. Survival, in other words, on the *organism's* terms.

No comments: