Tuesday, August 31, 2010

bzzzzz

Attempting to hold my sanity together through sheer willpower. The three D's take the edge off (denial, distraction and dissociation, in case you forgot :-), but the constant buzzing of stress and anxiety from all the unsolved (and often unsolvable) problems only gets drowned out for short stretches before drilling its way through through whatever moments of peace I'm able to carve out like a whining, miniature SawsAll.

I wonder what's going to give out first? My brain? My heart? My liver? Will I even know it's happening? What will the warning signs be? One 'problem' with coming from such basically healthy stock is that it has to get REALLY BAD before anyone's going to even believe I've got a problem, and by then it'll be too late. Just like it was with my Dad.

Ach, well.

No comments: