Saturday, May 30, 2009

happy!

Went skateboarding today! My first time ever, in my whole life! And I didn't fall down, not even once! It was very cool.

My downstairs neighbor (I live in a duplex) took me out for a 'roll' in the Park'n'Ride lot down the street from us. He was amazingly patient with me - in fact, I think he's the very best cheerleader I've ever had in my whole life (in terms of showing me how to do something).

He did everything perfectly - held my hand (literally) when I needed it, making no big deal whatsoever of whether I wanted to hang on to him or not - he was totally there whenever I needed him, and totally not there when I didn't. So cool. Why is it so rare to find this kind of experience with other people? I felt like I could be a little kid with him, exactly the way I never could when I actually was a little kid. My dad would never have put up with that kind of 'neediness' - he didn't have the patience for it. He expected me to get things right the first try (so I almost always did - the cost of failure - well, I don't actually know. I think I never 'failed' around him).

Anyway. I'm going to let the WAY COOLNESS of today OVERWRITE the old stuff. So there, old stuff! Take that!!!! :-) :-) :-)

No comments: