Wednesday, November 17, 2010

puzzling

He puts his faith

in places I would never trust.

His boss; his god.

But I don't see what he sees, I'm not part of that world of men - made for men, by men, to suit mens' needs and wants.

It's a boys' club, and I'm eternally on the outside. As are all women. Even the token, honorary ones, which sometimes includes me. I find myself 'one of the boys' in order to be *allowed* in, temporarily, as long as I *never* bother them with any 'girl' problems.

Sigh.

I'm trying to fit the pieces together into a picture that makes some kind of sense to me.

It's rough going.

It's like I've been looking for something all my life, and all of a sudden I *have* it.

It doesn't *look* like what I thought I was looking for, on the surface; and yet? All the signs and portents point to it. And I'm not talking about runes or whatever - they're like those - whaddyoucall'ems - archetypal images.

Like dragons. He says his chinese sign is the dragon; I've always loved dragons, and at one time thought they symbolized *me*, and have even collected images of them, over time.

But now *he* is here, and the piece suddenly *fits*. It makes sense. Before it was just this piece of the puzzle lying there on the side of the table, I didn't know what to do with it, didn't know where, or *if*, it fit into my puzzle at all.

And it may be that, depending on what puzzle pieces you *get* in life, you can make different pictures. But you *can't* make any picture you *want*, just the ones you have pieces for.

Is that true? Hang it out there in the breeze for a while and see what blows back to me.

No comments: