Friday, December 3, 2010

I have something he needs

I have something he needs


And I give it to him all the time – unstintingly, freely. He has given me so much, it makes me *want to give him as much as I possibly can..

And in my gratitude? I try to tell him what I have received, what he seems to have (unknowingly?) ‘given’ to me.

He is grateful, in turn, for the information – to know that he is wanted, needed, able to be of use, of service, to help.

For this alone do I love him, if nothing else. (and there is more that I love.)

The thing is – he doesn’t know he *needs* me (or, anybody). Because this conflicts with the carefully constructed belief structure (which *many*, if not most?) men seem to rely on: The idea that he is self-sufficient, and has no needs which he cannot meet all on his lonesome. (yes, I chose that word on purpose.)

But I *need* him to need me, just in the same way *he* needs to be ‘needed’, wanted, useful. To have a *place* in the scheme of things.

And without his conscious *awareness* that he needs me? He’ll let me go without a backward glance, and plow his way forward, alone and lonely, til some other woman sticks her foot in his path and, somehow, successfully? manages to get his attention.

DAMN it.

No comments: