Tuesday, December 7, 2010

pissed.

trying not to show it.
Trying not to let it bother me, get to me.
Trying to block it out
shove it down.

Trying distraction
with food
and movies. Wish I could drink or smoke or any of the other ways people block out things. Gah. Instead I’m just getting massively buzzed from too much sugar and caffeine from about a million Cokes. Bzz.

Actually, I’m in a pretty good mood – watching movies that make me happy, make me laugh, avoiding The Dark Side, more or less. Skate. Escape.

There’s nothing wrong with it, I have no moral qualms about it. Whatever works. But.

I find myself gnashing my teeth when I’m not looking, finding things to *crunch* and *crush*. So I know part of me still knows. What’re ya gonna do. anyway. I almost feel drunk. Avoidance drunk. Weird. Can I simply *will* myself into the emotional equivalent of a drunken stupor, just by wanting it to be so?

No comments: