Friday, April 24, 2009

the problem is

I'm too open, too honest, too transparent. A friend once said to me, You know, I think you expect way more honesty than most people do.

I wonder if it's hereditary or something? Because my mom seems to have it, and so does the middle niece that I wrote about a few posts back - that same kind of vulnerability, that same - I don't know how to finish this sentence right now. Maybe try again later.

Anyway, in mom it's this kind of gullibility, suggestibility, that makes her seem frighteningly un-worldly for someone her age. And in middle niece, it seems like it's something to do with trust...

Wait, maybe that's it: Somehow, some of us are more naturally trusting than others?? To the point that we trust people even when we shouldn't?

And that it's harder, maybe (total speculation here) for us to recognize when someone's messing with us.

I read something about this, somewhere, trying to think where.

No comments: