Thursday, December 2, 2010

Conversations not had (yet?)

What if what I’m asking for
and what you *think* I’m asking for

are two completely different things?

Your *fears* are driving you (as with so many humans, me included).

You *leap* to these conclusions.

But then, when I said “Give me a break”? You said, “Sorry, I get a little impatient sometimes. I used to be way worse, but I’m working on it.”

I can *use* that, I think :-) Good to know. A lever.

I used to be bothered by that. A part of me still squirms.

Expedience. It’s the way of the world – people do what *works*, what *gets* them what they think they want at that particular moment in time.

Most people hardly *think* at all – or as somebody said, “People would rather die than think. In fact, they often *do*.” (die, that is, from lack of thinking.)

No comments: