Friday, September 10, 2010

emotionally absent mother

When googling 'emotionally disengaged parents' I came across this about the Emotionally Absent Mother. I then googled *that* phrase, and came up with several other pages, which I'll just paste links to here for safe-keeping:

Ghost Mothers: How to Heal Abandonment and Neglect, and Find Forgiveness
http://searchwarp.com/swa28453.htm

Ok, so maybe just the two links for now.

***
I don't know if I've googled this particular phrase ('emotionally absent mother') before, or found it and forgot it, or *thought* of it and forgot it, but the 'list' of ways to deal with the 'absent' mother is nearly identical to what I've ACTUALLY BEEN DOING for the last 5 or 6 years. Yay me! I'm ahead of the fricking curve! Only I'm not going to make any money off some dang BOOK in the process :-( Ach.

Once again, what it does is VALIDATE that my ways of thinking, approach and NEEDS are all perfectly normal, and hey, probably quite common, it's just that in the CONTROL FREAK-Y way of our culture, we're not allowed to TALK about, and so none of us know that we're NOT ALONE.

All caps. Sounds like I'm screaming. I'm just EXCITED, and in the absence of being able to WAVE MY ARMS and JUMP UP AND DOWN, you'll just have to interpolate (read between the lines) and figure out what I'm tryin'a say. 'k?

No comments: