Wednesday, September 1, 2010

it's decided to maim me first

Overcoming the internal critic is an ongoing battle. Great source material for funny drawings.

Sometimes it feels like it's going to eat me alive, like a big monster in my gut.

Or maybe it will maim me first, like Calvin's bicycle:





And another random image I found on the web that fits quite nicely:


***
“We can never judge the lives of others, because each person knows only their own pain and renunciation. It’s one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it’s another to think that yours is the only path.” ~ Paulo Coelho

2 comments:

Michael Finley said...

I was going to try and read your blog in order. I went with jump around.

"“We can never judge the lives of others, because each person knows only their own pain and renunciation. It’s one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it’s another to think that yours is the only path.” ~ Paulo Coelho

This is huge for me. A basis for many arguments. I only like people that understand they do not understand.

Beware of the preacher no matter what the preach.

Prophets are another group I avoid. Like how the world will be if it gets warmer.

grasshopper said...

Jumping around is good. "Take what you need and leave the rest," is how I think of that.

Yes, that's something I remind myself a lot - that whenever somebody tries to sell something as *the* way, I put on my skeptic's hat and do *very* selective reading. Reference above quotation, and, as you say, beware the preacher.

I don't encounter prophets much, since I avoid the 'news'. I don't mind speculation per se, but I like it to have some connection to *my* reality. Selfish, I know.