Saturday, September 25, 2010

the root of it?

Feeling like I'm down to the root of things, that feeling of exhaustion, almost paralysis, from having no one to notice that you're struggling and frickin' HELP you, for fuck's sake.

It's not POSSIBLE to 're-parent' yourself. Yet another bullshit concept brought to us by the prime purveyors of Brave-New-World doublespeak: The shrinkological patrol. All they are is another police force to enforce our conformity.

I can't BE my own mother and father, though Flying Spaghetti Monster *knows* I've tried.

If someone ever brings up the notion of 're-parenting yourself' again, I'll ask them if they've ever tried to HUG themselves, and just exactly how satisfying THAT little exercise in futility was. In the same category as 'pulling yourself up by your bootstraps,' I'd say.

No comments: