Tuesday, February 15, 2011

another quote from a commenter

on the previously-mentioned article:
One way that I use to escape depression without drugs is by amusing myself through writing random thoughts, most of which deal with a depressed view of life.[...]I began calling them “Lines, by J.L.” Here are just a few of the many that I’ve written:

1. Just because I’m old, bitter, and cynical, that doesn’t mean I’m wrong.
2. Hope is the last refuge of the defeated.
3. I can trust those who hate me because I know that they are out to get me. It’s the people who say they’re my friends I worry about.
4. I’m not depressed; I’m merely acutely aware of reality.

This last one is by the most prolific author of the ages: Anonymous.

“The ability to see clearly is often called cynicism by those who haven’t got it.”

~jarvisloop 15 June 2007 at 04:34 am

No comments: