Friday, February 4, 2011

small and insignificant.

He resents me

because I *won't* shrink myself down small enough so that *he* can feel bigger

by comparison.

My father was the first; and every. damn. last. fricking man I've *ever* encountered since then

has been some variation on the theme.

***
I think men like this must have been 'dominated' by their mothers, and they spend the rest of their lives trying to 'get even' - looking for a woman they can dominate.

My father was like this - I think his mother, and possibly his older sister? dominated him, and often not very kindly.

So he married my mother, someone he saw as needy and un-threatening (little did he know at the time how big the 'need' vortex would turn out to be.)

And then there was me: Little grasshopper, so sweet, so gentle - and yet sharper than a fucking tack.

He got more than he bargained for, much to his chagrin :-)

***
He ( ♥ ) felt small and insignificant then, as an infant; and now? when I 'win'?

He feels small, insignificant and powerless, just like then.

Now, why the *fuck* is that *my* responsibility to take care of?

*He* complains about feeling 'responsible' for *my* needs - how about if we get really fucking clear about the ways *he* demands attention but never fucking admits it?

No comments: