Sunday, February 6, 2011

influences.

I suspect that most people have absolutely no clue as to what things influence them in every waking (and maybe sleeping?) moment of their lives.

I say this as a person who's spent the last twelve years (or so) of my *life* trying to understand *my* influences in hopes of getting out from under them a little and, maybe, feeling a little more in control over how my life goes.

Does that mean I have any more of a clue than anybody else?

Dunno. But it *sure* makes conversations interesting - I feel like I have this kind of 'meta' view now that's hard to shake off. Kind of like being the scientist in your own life, where you're both the little bug on the microscope being examined, *and* the eye doing the examining.

Bit of a mind messer, that is.

No comments: