Thursday, January 20, 2011

jumping off.

There's a great image from Osho zen called 'Trust' that *exactly* captures how I've been feeling for some time now: That I just have to JUMP, and

(right at this *very* moment
song lyrics trying to come in on brain radio - wait -
oh, jeez! *slightly embarrassed grin* here -

it's

"The other day
(Echo: "the other day,")
I met a bear
(I met a bear)
In tennis shoes
(in tennis shoes)
A dandy pair
(a dandy pair...)

The other day I met a bear,
In tennis shoes, a dandy pair."

It goes on like that. For a *loooooooooong* time.

And if you *get* to this verse, there's one where the bear's about to get her, and the only place she can go is this high tree branch that she's pretty sure she can't reach.

"The nearest branch,
(the nearest branch)
Is ten feet up.
(is ten feet up.)
I'll have to jump
(I'll have to jump)
And trust to luck
(and trust to luck.)

"The nearest branch is ten feet up,
I'll have to jump and trust to luck."

"So I did jump...
Into the air.
And I missed that branch
Away up there.

"Now don't you fret
Now don't you frown.
'Cause I caught that branch,
On the way back down!"

"The moral is,
No shocking news.
Don't talk to bears
In tennis shoes!"

I *love* that song :-)


Anyway, so, the point?

I have to jump
And trust to luck.


Here's that image from Osho zen:

No comments: