Tuesday, January 18, 2011

seem to have missed the point in the previous post.

So, I was trying to get to the point of 'stop being the good one'.

I *think* what I mean by this is that, when you're elected as the 'good' one in the family (in my case, I think only my mother felt this - my father resented me being cast in this role? have to think about that one more.)

Anyway, it becomes a *hurdle* to jump, a high jump you have to leap - a *standard* you're being held to so the rest of the family doesn't have to do it.

It's sort of the obverse? inverse? reverse? of being the Scapegoat - it's like, they're dumping all their shit on you again, only it's that you're to be the 'model' child so that the *rest* of them can be assholes.

Kind of like JC or something, eh? Never thought of that. The sacrificial martyr. Hm.

Human beings sure do some weird-ass, fucked-up shit, I'm *tellin'* ya.

No comments: