Saturday, January 1, 2011

Scraping out the brain pan.

Thought about changing the subtitle of my blog to this, since this is how I spend so much of my time here – brillo pad and scrub brush, trying to remove the grit and ‘grime’ of a lifetime of accumulated ‘stuff’.

Hm. Makes me think of cast iron pans, and how you actually want to carefully *cultivate* a certain kind of protective coating – cast iron is ‘seasoned’ by use.

I like that. How to apply it to *my* brain pan?

Well, a lot of stuff got burned on, fried to a crisp.

So I’ve gotta scrape that stuff off, get down to nice, clean, bare metal. Feels like I’m pretty close – yay, grasshopper!!!! :-) chitinous grin.

Next, I have to decide what the proper ‘seasoning’ medium is, and find a safe place where I can let it ‘cook’ for a while to help it build up the coating it needs.

Hm.

No comments: